902 Savage Street, Southington, CT 06489
Mobile/Studio: 203.755.8484 • E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
GRAPHIC DESIGNER/ILLUSTRATOR with 15+ years of business and agency experience for profit and non-profit organizations as large as Fortune 500 companies and small as entrepreneurial enterprises. Experienced supporting a variety of industries including Pharmaceuticals, Automotive, Paint and Coatings, Plastics and End Use Products, Health and Beauty, Irrigation, Financial, Technology, Employee Benefits, Music, Retail, Health Care, Publishing, Continuing Care, Charities, Religious, Children and Family organizations.
• Develops Client Relationships to become an Integral Part of the Marketing and Branding Team
• Understands Client Needs in order to Identify Effective Messaging
• Brings Dimension and Movement to Messaging through Creativity and Technology Tools
Engages the client in conversation, acquires knowledge, and leverages client success stories to create customized messaging solutions. Investigates ideas and develops new ways of creating promotional, informative, and instructional material, employing an array of technology tools. Thrives in assignments requiring involvement from concept development to off-the-press dissemination. Spearheads problem solving and continuous improvement. Embraces roles as Key Creative Consultant/Team Member and Teacher/Mentor.
eklektos, Southington, CT, Principal/Owner–Electronic, Print Design and Illustration 2001–Present
• Became the new design agency for Elim Park Place, a not-for-profit life plan community in CT, providing materials leading to increased attendance at open houses, the need to reprint their annual report due to increased requests, and a 20% uptick in theater sales leading to recruitment of higher quality acts.
• Provided groundbreaking branding for the Ana Grace Project, an organization to honor the life of one of the children who died in the Sandy Hook shooting. Assessed client needs and developed a commissioned promotional package including logo and 8-page booklet within 48 hours.
• Researched and created an animation video for CiDRA, featured both online and at tradeshows, demonstrating how sonar technology is used in the oil industry. Success of first animation prompted the client to commission a second animation for a second product.
• Complimented by a Dow Chemical Marketing Manager, who noted that, while following the templates and guidelines for Dow materials, newsletters and product sheets submitted by eklektos had a life and movement that was not present in work of other designers.
• Rebranded the Klingberg Vintage Motorcar Festival to reflect the quality Concours d’Elegance it had become. Created folded flyer, tabloid size poster, print advertising as well as t-shirts, trophies and soda bottle labels. With a high quality, recognizable brand, the festival not only gained a reputation for being one of the best shows in the country but also significantly increased its revenue as a fund-raising event for Klingberg Family Centers.
• Completed a number of intricate retouching projects for the agency that handles the collateral for Philips Healthcare, receiving positive feedback for quality and timeliness of work while saving the client time and money.
• Designed a variety of program materials for the Socrates in the City 10th Anniversary Gala, an elegant 400-participant event held at the Roosevelt Hotel in New York City, attended by prominent authors, media personalities, and politicians.
• Created a flyer for the Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America (CAMERA).The challenge was to reach a broader audience with visual appeal, clarity, and a message that did not offend sensibilities amid a hotbed of politics and opinions of affected groups.
• Created two wall murals for the new Klingberg History Museum, researching and scanning material from the most extensive archives on orphan life in America. Visitors would often reach out and touch the mural, thinking that items were real and not a flat image.
• Illustrations chosen over long-time Strata users for Strata Idea Book, inspiring creative uses of their 3D program.
• Redesigned packaging of teaching materials, including cassettes, CDs and book covers, for Streams Ministries, resulting in a first time sell out of these materials at a conference attended by the ministry.
• Served on the Klingberg History Steering Committee with a varied array of prominent educational, historical and media industry experts, to produce a documentary providing a unique perspective on life in a U.S. orphanage.
Additional Professional Experience
Senior Designer, Union Carbide Corporation, Danbury, CT
Creative Director, Ads & Images, Waterbury, CT
Designer/Illustrator, Tom Fowler, Inc., Stamford, CT
Illustrator, Telemedia, Inc., San Diego, CA
Wellspring School of Leadership, Berlin, CT
Worldview Instructor for 5 years and Teacher/Mentor to final graduating class
Art Enrichment Instructor, 12-week course on Faith and Creativity
Paier College, Hamden, CT
Computer Illustration Instructor and Graphic Design Judge
University of the Nations, Kona, HI
Guest Instructor, Masking and Compositing with Photography and 3D Models
Gateway Christian Fellowship, West Haven, CT
Life Drawing Instructor, Weekend Workshop
Union Carbide Corporation, Danbury, CT
Mentor for Designer Team and Trainer of Design, Printing and Software Proficiency
Christ Episcopal Church, Watertown, CT
Instructor, The Bible from Beginning to End, two one-year courses
Central Connecticut State University, New Britain, CT
Guest Instructor, The Bible as History
Ads & Images, Waterbury, CT
Instructor, Graphic Design and Comping Workshop
Education and Technology
• MFA in Illustration, University of Hartford Limited Residency program, Hartford, CT — Chosen by peers to be speaker at graduation ceremony
• BA in Philosophy, Merrimack College, North Andover, MA
• Skilled in both traditional and digital media
• Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Strata 3D CX
Awards and Recognition
• Illustrator for “Finding My Voice” published in Insight Three, the Art of Story Telling, 2015
• Applied Arts Magazine 2010 Illustration Award
• American Graphic Design Award – Poster for non-profit event
• American Graphic Design Awards – Dow Chemical sales event and self-promotion
• Special Recognition Awards – Union Carbide Corporation
• Two logo designs in LogoLounge Book 4
• Case study on www.strata.com for a series of Barnes & Noble book covers
• 3D Idea Book included in Strata 3D software